Some common sense approaches to make your Winter DBW trip more enjoyable:
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for January weather near the ocean!
- Carry sunscreen, sunglasses and/or a hat to protect yourself from the sun. You can still get sunburn in the winter.
- Bring rain gear as all events are rain or shine.
- Try to arrive a little before the scheduled trip departs.
- Boat trips usually fill earlier than other trips; please make your reservations early.
- For the boat trip: If you are prone to seasickness, you may want to consider Dramamine or Bonine (both are sold over-the-counter), or whatever natural preventative you prefer. Please don’t wait until you’re on the boat to take your medication. Follow the instructions to make sure you have a great experience birding on the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean.
- Most trips are not appropriate for young children. Please use your discretion when registering.
- Be courteous to your fellow birders. Speak quietly and turn off cell phones during trips.
- Vegetarians & guests with seafood allergies must make their restrictions known for trips that include lunch.
- There are no restroom facilities on most trips.
PHOTO CREDITS: All bird photos courtesy of Frode Jacobsen. Seal photo courtesy of Rita Modesti. Birder photographs provided by the Delmarva Birding Weekends.