Some common sense approaches to make your Beans, Birds & Beers experience more enjoyable:
- Food and drink are not included in the cost for this trip.
- Cancellations are not accepted 10 days prior to the event.
- Trips will go rain or shine. If the trip is canceled due to dangerous conditions, a full refund will be provided.
- Wear appropriate clothing and shoes for weather which can be cooler near the ocean. It may be warm on the dock, but that Atlantic Ocean water is still cold!
- Carry sunscreen, sunglasses and/or a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Bring rain gear as all events are rain or shine.
- Try to arrive a little before the scheduled trip departs.
- Boat trips usually fill earlier than other trips; please make your reservations early.
- Most trips (particularly trips with beer!) are not appropriate for young children. Please use your discretion when registering.
- Be courteous to your fellow birders. Speak quietly and turn off cell phones during trips.
- Vegetarians & guests with seafood allergies must make their restrictions known for trips that include lunch.
- There are no restroom facilities on most trips, but there will be restrooms at the breweries (thank goodness).
- You are responsible for the coffee and beer you drink, and for the behavior you exhibit while drinking the beer. Don’t become a besotted birder!
PHOTO CREDITS: Scarlet Tanager courtesy of Frode Jacobsen. Red Knot courtesy of Nico Sarbanes.